Exercise 1: Schedule a typical meeting
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to practice scheduling a test online meeting. You can get the best experience for this exercise if you schedule a test meeting with a colleague and with someone outside your organization.
- Open Outlook, and then log on to Lync. (Requires Outlook 2010)
- Go to Calendar view in Outlook and select a time slot.
- Click New Online Meeting on the Outlook ribbon.
- Double-check the Start and End time.
- Type a short meeting agenda above the dotted line and in the Subject line type Test Meeting.
- Invite a colleague from inside and outside your organization by adding their names to the To line.
- Click Send.
- Verify that the new meeting was successfully created on your calendar.
Note: When your participants join the meeting, colleague inside your organization will bypass the lobby, and those outside your organization will be directed to the lobby.
- Lync Resources
Training ResourcesWhat is Lync? [2:31]
Make, receive, and manage calls with Lync 2010
Using the Lync Phone
Using the Lync CX600 Phone [4:07]
Using the Lync Client
2. Make a call using Lync 2010 [6:31]
3. Answer a call using Lync 2010 [1:58]
4. Add voice to your Lync 2010 conversation [1:25]
7. Check your voice mail with Lync 2010 [2:26]
Scheduling Lync 2010 Online Meetings
1. Scheduling a typical meeting [1:25]
3. Schedule a meeting as a delegate [2:04]
4. Customize your meeting options [4:36]