Welcome to the Unified Communications Portal
This site is designed to assist you with getting the most out of your voice services which includes your phone (Skype for Business, formerly Lync) and voicemail (Unified Messaging). If you’re a first time user for Skype for Business and need some help, check out the FAQs section or the Skype training page located in the Guides section. If you have not been configured for a Skype for Business account please submit a KACE ticket (usually done by the campus Operations Department).
What is Microsoft Skype for Business?
Microsoft Skype for Business is our phone system which includes not only the physical phone but a suite of features that includes Instant Messaging, Conferencing, Presence and much more.
What is Unified Messaging (UM)?
UM is the voicemail platform that integrates your email and voicemail into a unified account. This give you the flexibility of managing and reviewing your voicemail from your email inbox which saves time while offering you convenient access to your messages.
Microsoft Unified Messaging technologies help educators, administrators, and staff members streamline communications—regardless of medium, platform, device, or location. Users can stay in touch and get work done wherever they are, using whichever device is most convenient.
Please refer to the Getting Started page if you’re a first time user on UM or Microsoft Skype for Business.
- Using Skype for Business Remotely (New!)
- Using Cloud Voicemail (New!)
Voicemail Access Numbers
To retrieve your voicemail outside of your Outlook email client, dial the voicemail access number via the 4-digit extension from a Los Rios desk phone or the full 10-digit number from your personally owned phone.
- 3100 or 916-568-3100 – Skype for Business general and department numbers for checking voicemail and updating the voicemail greeting.
- 3102 or 916-568-3102 – This number has been discontinued for checking voicemail. Please refer to the Cloud Voicemail page for updated instructions for checking your voicemail.
Leaving A Voicemail for 5 Digit Mailbox Numbers:
- Students Call (PT): 916-286-3691
Managing and Retrieving Voicemail for 5 Digit Mailbox Numbers. The Faculty 3692 number has been discontinued for retrieving voicemail. Please refer to the Using Skype for Business Remotely page.
- Faculty Call: 916-286-3692 – This number has been discontinued for checking voicemail. Please refer to the Cloud Voicemail page for updated instructions for checking your voicemail.