The following guide show how to transfer a call directly to a user’s voicemail using Microsoft Lync.
Tip: The user you’re transferring to must be in your Lync contact list.
Using the Lync phone
On an active call, perform the following steps on your Lync phone:
- Select the Menu button.
- Select the Transfer Directly To… option.
- Find the contact you’re transferring directly to voicemail and press the Select button (right side of the screen, between the Up and Down arrows).
- Scroll down to the Voicemail option and select Transfer.
Using the Lync desktop client
On an active call, you will see an active call window on you pc.
- Select the Transfer drop down > Another Person or Number.
- The new window will display your contact list. Hover over the contact you are transferring to.
- Select the drop-down on the Call button and select Voicemail.