Microsoft Skype for Business is our phone system which allows employees to make and receive calls from anywhere. Skype for business also includes not only the physical phone but a suite of features that includes Instant Messaging, Conferencing, Presence and much more.
This guide will cover installing and signing-in to Skype for Business on your Apple iPhone/iPad, Mac OSX and Android devices.
If you prefer to view the video version, please visit the following Youtube link https://youtu.be/7xEC_3tiWeY
Note: The screenshots below are from an iPhone (iOS) but they apply to Mac and Android as well.
- Open the App Store and search for and install the Skype for Business app. (Android users need to use the Android Marketplace/Google Play).
- Once installed, open the Skype for Business app. It will have the white and blue colored logo with the name Business.
- Input your W-ID@losrios.edu in the sign-in address field along with your Los Rios credentials in the field below.
- Select Advanced options and input LRCCD\W-ID in the User Name field and select the blue X at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the Sign-In button.
- Select the Sign in to your Exchange account to see your upcoming meetings banner. You will be prompted to sign-in via the Los Rios Single Sign On page.
7. User your W-ID in the Username field and your Los Rios password in the field below. Once completed, you will have access to your upcoming meetings and voicemail via the Skype for Business app on your mobile device.