Add a delegate
- Select Settings and more next to your profile picture at the top of Teams and choose General.
- Under Delegation, select Manage delegates.
Note: If you don’t see any options for delegation in your settings, it’s likely because you don’t have an Enterprise Voice or Business Voice license. Also note that it can take up to 24 hours for changes in licenses to take effect.
- Click Your delegates and type the person’s name in the Add a delegate box.
- When you add a delegate, you’ll see some permissions settings. In addition to enabling your new delegate to make and receive calls on your behalf, you can also let them change your call and delegate settings for you. Select the permissions you want to give them and click Save.
- Your delegate will receive a notification letting them know about their new status.
Your new delegate will now appear in your delegates list, and this list will be a default selection in your call forwarding and simultaneous ring options.
- Go to Settings > Calls. Under Forward my calls, you’ll see My delegates as the default Forward to option.
- Go to Settings > Calls again. Under Calls ring me, you’ll see My delegates as an option in the Also ring menu.
- Delegates can see when you’re on a call and who it’s with.
- Any calls made or received by you or on your behalf can be put on hold or resumed by you or your delegates.
Make and receive calls as a delegate
Once you’ve been added as a delegate, you can make and receive calls on someone else’s behalf.
- Go to (or start) a one-on-one chat with the person you want to call.
- Or enter a number on the dial pad and select Call .
Keep in mind that any delegator (the person who assigned you as a delegate) can always see the calls you make and receive on their behalf.
Put calls on hold as a delegate
Delegates can also put calls on hold. Just select More actions in your call window and select Hold.
Everyone in the call will be notified that they’ve been put on hold, and you or the person you are a delegate for can continue the call by clicking Resume. Music on hold setting in Calling policy should be enabled for using shared line hold and resume.
Change your boss’s call and delegate settings
As a delegate, you can view and edit call and delegate settings on behalf of someone else.
- Select Settings and more next to your profile picture at the top of Teams and choose Settings > General.
- Select Manage delegates under Delegation.
- Click People you support. Here, you’ll see a list of the people you’re a delegate for. Hover on any name in the list and hit More options to see your choices: View permissions, Change delegates, and Change call settings.
- Choose View permissions to edit the permissions of any of your boss’s delegates, Change delegates to add or remove delegates for your boss, or Change call settings to adjust their call settings for them.
Add a delegate to answer or make calls on your behalf in Microsoft Teams.
- Select your profile photo.
- Select Settings > General, and then select Manage delegates.
- Select Your delegates and type the person’s name.
- Choose which permissions to give them, and then select Add.Your delegate gets notified about their new status.
- Under Calls, select Forward my Calls > My delegates to manage your permissions and make sure your calls go to all your delegates.