The following recommended equipment configuration is for the voice training that will be performed at each campus at the time of the Microsoft Lync roll out.
Training Room Preferences
- A training room that can comfortably accommodate 16 users with tables and chairs.
- Please provide a projector and VGA cable. If a projector is not available, please contact John Parker and DO will secure a loaner.
Computer Hardware & Software Preferences
- District office will be providing the phones, headsets and USB cables.
- Campus IT will be required to install the following software on the training workstations: The Lync client and Spokes software can be found here.
- DO IT will work with a local campus IT contact to configure the Alcatel-Lucent switch to accommodate the required network if necessary. Please provide the following information for network configuration: training room location, endpoint switch, training workstation switch ports.
- DO IT will provide the user and login credentials for the training sessions. Campus IT will need to provide workstation login access to the following 16 LRCCD users: VoipUser1 – VoipUser16.
Lync Training Phone Provisioning
The phone to user extension mapping is as follows VoipUser1 is extension 9501, VoipUser2 extension is 9502 and so on. The PIN for these phones (if not tethering via USB) will be provided to you.
We recommend 16 physical computers for training (or 11 minimum) running Windows 7 (32/64 bit) with the following breakdown:
||Phones||Headsets||Workstation Qty.||Wired Network||Installed Software||USB cable
|Instructor||Polycom CX600||Voyager Legend||1||Required||Lync client, Spokes||Yes||Yes|
|Student||Polycom CX600||10||Required||Lync client, Spokes||Yes||Yes|
|Student||LifeChat LX 6000||5||Required||Lync client, Spokes||Yes|
Recommended minimum physical computer specifications (per Microsoft):
|System component||Minimum requirement|
|Computer/processor||Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64, or equivalent. Supports 32 & 64 bit.|
|Memory||2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM|
|Data and Voice||Minimum 1.6 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor. We recommend 2.0 gigahertz (32-bit or 64- bit).|
|Display resolution||1024×768 required|
Virtual Desktop Environment
Microsoft RemoteFX USB Redirection: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
Configuring USB Device Redirection with Microsoft RemoteFX Step-by-Step Guide
Best practice recommendations for running Lync 2010 in a virtualized environment
Microsoft Lync supports the following virtual client environments:
|Vendor||Architecture Tested||Environment Tested||Server Version(s)||Client Version(s)|
|Microsoft||Full Desktop Remoting ||Remote Desktop Services RDS (using RDP client)||Windows Server® 2008 R2 ||Windows XP® SP3,Windows Vista® SP2, andWindows® 7|
|Application Streaming||App-V 4.6.1053||N/A||Windows XP SP3,Windows Vista SP2, andWindows 7|
|Citrix||Application Remoting, Application Streaming||XenApp 220.127.116.11 on Remote Desktop Services (using Citrix clients)||Windows Server 2008 R2 ⁷||Windows XP SP3,Windows Vista SP2, andWindows 7|
|Full Desktop Remoting ||XenDesktop 4.0.4522.0 with Hyper-V (using Citrix clients)||Provisioning Server 5.1 SP2SCVMM 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2008 R2 ⁷managingHyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2 ⁷||Windows XP SP3,Windows Vista SP2, andWindows 7|
|VMware||Full Desktop Remoting||VMware View 5.0 (using ESXi 5.0)||ESXi 5.0,VMware View 5.0||Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, andWindows 7|
This entry was posted on.