Exercise 2: Schedule a meeting for a large audience
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to create a meeting and customize the options for a larger audience. For this exercise, send an invitation to 3 or 4 people inside and outside your organization.
- Open Outlook and log on to Lync. (Requires Outlook 2010)
- Go to Calendar view in Outlook and select a time slot.
- Click New Online Meeting on the Outlook ribbon.
- Double-check the Start and End time.
- Type a short meeting agenda above the dotted line and add a couple of your colleagues in the To line.
- Click Meeting Options on the Outlook ribbon.
- Check Customize Access and Presenters for this meeting.
- In the Access section, select Everyone, including people outside my company.
- Also select People dialing in by phone bypass the lobby.
- In the Presenter section, select People I choose, and then click Manage Presenters.
- Move one of the invitees to the Presenter side. Click OK twice to go back to the invitation.
- Click Send.
Note: By selecting the option in step 8, everyone from inside and outside your organization will bypass the lobby. Only those who you selected as Presenters will have presenter access.
- Lync Resources
Training ResourcesWhat is Lync? [2:31]
Make, receive, and manage calls with Lync 2010
Using the Lync Phone
Using the Lync CX600 Phone [4:07]
Using the Lync Client
2. Make a call using Lync 2010 [6:31]
3. Answer a call using Lync 2010 [1:58]
4. Add voice to your Lync 2010 conversation [1:25]
7. Check your voice mail with Lync 2010 [2:26]
Scheduling Lync 2010 Online Meetings
1. Scheduling a typical meeting [1:25]
3. Schedule a meeting as a delegate [2:04]
4. Customize your meeting options [4:36]