Exercise 4: Customize your meeting options
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to modify your meeting access, presenter and audio options. To get the best experience for this exercise, have your friends or colleagues test with you.
- Go to Calendar view in Outlook and select a time slot. (Requires Outlook 2010)
- Click New Online Meeting on the Outlook ribbon.
- Click Meeting Options on the Outlook ribbon.
- On the Access and Presenters tab, check Customize access and presenters for this meeting.
- Under Access, select People I invite from my company.
- Check People dialing in by phone bypass the lobby.
- Under Presenters, select Organizer only (you).
- Click the Audio and Phone tab, and then select USA, New York in the Location most people will dial in from.
- Click OK.
- Send your invitation.
- Lync Resources
Training ResourcesWhat is Lync? [2:31]
Make, receive, and manage calls with Lync 2010
Using the Lync Phone
Using the Lync CX600 Phone [4:07]
Basic call controls using the Lync phone (Polycom CX600) [5:51]
Using the Lync Client
1. Set up device and check call quality using Lync 2010 [2:25]
2. Make a call using Lync 2010 [6:31]
3. Answer a call using Lync 2010 [1:58]
4. Add voice to your Lync 2010 conversation [1:25]
5. Manage your Lync 2010 call using call controls [3:47]
6. Customize your voice mail greeting using Lync 2010 [2:06]
7. Check your voice mail with Lync 2010 [2:26]
8. Set up call forwarding and simultaneous ring in Lync 2010 [3:08]
Scheduling Lync 2010 Online Meetings
1. Scheduling a typical meeting [1:25]
2. Scheduling a meeting for a large audience [2:25]
3. Schedule a meeting as a delegate [2:04]
4. Customize your meeting options [4:36]
Conferencing Quick Reference Guide (.doc)