Exercise 6: Customize your voice mail greeting using Lync 2010
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to practice customizing your voice mail greeting using Lync 2010.
First, record a personal greeting.
- In the Lync main window, click the Phone icon .
- Below the dial pad, click the Display voice mail options menu .
- Click Change Greetings.
- Follow the voice prompts to record your greeting.
- Use the dial pad to enter any keys required, such as numbers, * or # sign.
Once you are done recording your greeting, change the time delay before calls go to voice mail.
- Click the Call forwarding button , and then click Call Forwarding Settings.
- Click the link by Unanswered calls will go to, and change how many seconds to wait before sending incoming calls to voice mail.
- Lync Resources
Training ResourcesWhat is Lync? [2:31]
Make, receive, and manage calls with Lync 2010
Using the Lync Phone
Using the Lync CX600 Phone [4:07]
Using the Lync Client
2. Make a call using Lync 2010 [6:31]
3. Answer a call using Lync 2010 [1:58]
4. Add voice to your Lync 2010 conversation [1:25]
7. Check your voice mail with Lync 2010 [2:26]
Scheduling Lync 2010 Online Meetings
1. Scheduling a typical meeting [1:25]
3. Schedule a meeting as a delegate [2:04]
4. Customize your meeting options [4:36]