Exercise 5: Use call controls to manage your Lync call
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Practice using the Call Controls to manage a Lync 2010 call.
- If you have a mobile phone, call your work phone.
- In a Conversation window, during the Lync call, use the call controls to do any of the following:
To mute and unmute your microphone, click the Microphone button .
To mute and unmute speakers, click the Speaker button, and then click Mute speakers .
To display the dial pad, click the Display dial pad button .
To switch devices, click the Change the audio devices for this call button .
To put a call on hold, click the Hold button .
To send your call to another phone or merge the call with another conversation, click the Transfer menu .
To end a call, click the End Call button .
- Lync Resources
Training ResourcesWhat is Lync? [2:31]
Make, receive, and manage calls with Lync 2010
Using the Lync Phone
Using the Lync CX600 Phone [4:07]
Basic call controls using the Lync phone (Polycom CX600) [5:51]
Using the Lync Client
1. Set up device and check call quality using Lync 2010 [2:25]
2. Make a call using Lync 2010 [6:31]
3. Answer a call using Lync 2010 [1:58]
4. Add voice to your Lync 2010 conversation [1:25]
5. Manage your Lync 2010 call using call controls [3:47]
6. Customize your voice mail greeting using Lync 2010 [2:06]
7. Check your voice mail with Lync 2010 [2:26]
8. Set up call forwarding and simultaneous ring in Lync 2010 [3:08]
Scheduling Lync 2010 Online Meetings
1. Scheduling a typical meeting [1:25]
2. Scheduling a meeting for a large audience [2:25]
3. Schedule a meeting as a delegate [2:04]
4. Customize your meeting options [4:36]
Conferencing Quick Reference Guide (.doc)