Exercise 3: Schedule a meeting as a delegate
Now it’s your turn to try things out. Follow these steps to practice creating a test meeting on behalf of your manager or another user.
- Have your manager or another user add you as a Delegate on their Outlook calendar.
- Have your manager or another user add you as a Delegate in Lync.
- Click Options in Lync, and then select Call Forwarding.
- Click Edit My Delegate Members and add your name.
- Open Outlook and select your manager’s calendar.
- Select a time and click Online Meeting on the Outlook ribbon.
- Create a test meeting and send the invite out.
Note: The invitation goes out from your managers’ calendar and contains your name as the organizer.
- Lync Resources
Training ResourcesWhat is Lync? [2:31]
Make, receive, and manage calls with Lync 2010
Using the Lync Phone
Using the Lync CX600 Phone [4:07]
Basic call controls using the Lync phone (Polycom CX600) [5:51]
Using the Lync Client
1. Set up device and check call quality using Lync 2010 [2:25]
2. Make a call using Lync 2010 [6:31]
3. Answer a call using Lync 2010 [1:58]
4. Add voice to your Lync 2010 conversation [1:25]
5. Manage your Lync 2010 call using call controls [3:47]
6. Customize your voice mail greeting using Lync 2010 [2:06]
7. Check your voice mail with Lync 2010 [2:26]
8. Set up call forwarding and simultaneous ring in Lync 2010 [3:08]
Scheduling Lync 2010 Online Meetings
1. Scheduling a typical meeting [1:25]
2. Scheduling a meeting for a large audience [2:25]
3. Schedule a meeting as a delegate [2:04]
4. Customize your meeting options [4:36]
Conferencing Quick Reference Guide (.doc)